UPDATE: This webinar has ended. Thanks to everyone who participated, our presenters, and hosts.
Tools and Resources:
- The webinar itself was recorded (video & audio) and is available here: MEDICAID WAIVER WEBINAR RECORDING
- The slide presentation can be downloaded as a PowerPoint file here: MEDICAID WAIVER POWERPOINT SLIDES
- The slide presentation can be downloaded as a PDF file here: MEDICAID WAIVER PDF SLIDES
- The CART (captioning) transcript can be downloaded as a Word DOC here: MEDICAID WAIVER CART TRANSCRIPT
- The chat log (where attendees could ask questions and discuss topics) can be downloaded here: WEBINAR MEDICAID WAIVERS CHAT LOG
Join Medicaid experts from Health & Disability Advocates and the Legal Council for Health Justice to learn about Medicaid waivers and the process of waiver approval. This webinar will focus specifically on providing an overview of waivers that affect the disability community, as well as giving disability advocates an “inside look” at how waivers are proposed, drafted, and approved. The goal is to empower advocates with the knowledge of when and how best to get involved in this process to successfully impact waiver policy.
The webinar is intended for a national audience.
This webinar was inspired by discussions in Disability Power for Community Integration. Webinar platform support is provided by the Illinois Network of Centers for Independent Living. Technical assistance support is provided by Access Living.
Participants who register will be e-mailed the log-in information a few days before the event. The webinar will include audio and CART. The webinar recording, materials and transcript will be posted online within a few days of the presentation. We encourage people to use one registration if multiple people at your organization are able to gather to listen in, in order to maximize the spaces available to participants, as the system has a participation max of 100 including the presenters.
The event photo is of members of Chicago ADAPT, taken by Peter Grosz during #summerofadapt 2017.
You can register for the event here: